Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas is finally near!


AHHHH finally! My absolute favorite holiday is finally here! Of course I love the music, the decorations, the holiday cheer, the beautiful wrapping paper, and the yummy treats but I love remembering the reason that we celebrate this holiday. Camden is finally at the age where he is understanding who God is, where he is, and little stories from the bible that we tell him or he learns in his Sunday school class. This year, Chris and I are going to start a new tradition of reading the nativity to our children every year before we open gifts to each other. I want them to understand why this day is so special and its true importance in our Christian lives. When I found out I was pregnant with Camden, I said a prayer to God thanking him for blessing Chris and I with the precious gift and promising him that I would raise him to know him and love him. I also did this with Cayson. We take our children to church every week, pray with them, and try to show them how to act the way God wants us to through our actions. The older Camden gets, the more I see him understand and realize little things and mimmick our actions. I know that Cayson is just around the corner in that department as well. They are both learning so quickly. They are like sponges and soak in everything they see and hear. I think that its so awesome that Christmas is falling on a Sunday this year. We will get up, read the nativity story, see what Santa brought us, mommy will make a big breakfast, then we will open presents from each other,and then we will go to Church to worship our savior! Such a blessing.
Along with the birth of our savior, we are looking forward to our visit from Santa! We went to see Santa last week and they were both so excited! I worry every year that they will be afraid of him but they weren't.
This will be our first Christmas with absolutely no extended family. I have mixed feelings about this. I am going to miss my mom but I am so unbelievably thankful and feel so blessed to have my family all together this Christmas. A lot of my friends have deployed husbands and have to be apart from their loved ones. We are very blessed to be together. I am excited that we will have an intimate Christmas on our own. It will be very special. This will also be Cayson's first Christmas!
It is our tradition to do a Mexican feast every year for Christmas. We love Thanksgiving food but every year we feel like the left overs lasted so long that we just finished them! Anyways, our tradition is set in stone now that we have done it for every Christmas that we have been married. I am excited!
Much love and God bless
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment