Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Getting Back on Track

So for the past month or so I have sort of gotten out of touch with the important things in my life. I have not been neglecting my responsibilities but my head and my heart have just not been into them. Chris and I started a new Bible Study last night and I have begun writing my my prayer journal again. I know that these things will get my head and my heart back to where I want it to be.
I started working out about two months ago and I am so happy to say that it is paying off. I am down 50 pounds since I had Cayson. I still have more weight that I want to lose but this is a big milestone that I am proud of.
My schooling has been an issue for me lately. This is my first semester back since having had Cayson. It is a lot harder doing school with two babies than it was with 1. Not that I dont have exceptional children but nonetheless it is difficult to stay focused on school work when I am constantly feeding babies, changing diapers, potty training, kissing booboos, picking up toys, and trying to keep them entertained. Being a mommy is so unbelievably rewarding but it does make every day tasks a bit difficult. I was, however, given great news today! I got my grades back for mid-semester grades and I am doing well. I was very relieved to get an A on my midterm paper and slide show.
I have finally gotten a routine down with the boys that is doable :). I am happy to say that my house only looks like a tornado every once and a while now instead of every week haha. They are so fun. They are just growing up so fast i feel like every time a blink they are bigger. Cayson is 4 months old now and he has quite the personality. He loves to smile and laugh and is very entertained by his bubba. Camden wants to play with him so bad and he is learning that he has to be VERY gentle around him. He is such a good helper. He helps by bringing mommy diapers and wipes and then throwing the diapers in the trashcan ( his favorite part! )
Chris is in school full time so he comes home from work and pretty much goes straight to school. I cant wait until next December when he can walk the stage. It will be such a great accomplishment for him and I will be so proud. I know he misses spending all of his time with the boys but he is doing it for us which just makes me love him more.
A little about our bible study. We are reading a book called "the sacred romance" which is about your personal relationship with God. We are barely into the book but I can already tell that its going to be a wonderful study to do together.
Stress has hit me like a train lately and I have just decided to let go and let God. I finally realized the other day that I cannot deal with all of this on my own and I need our Lord and Savior on my side to get through it. The littlest things have just been pushing me over the edge lately and I have finally decided to give it up to God. I know that he is on my side and I am not alone. It kind of reminds me of the song from Barlow Girl " I cried out with no reply and I cant feel you by my side so I look tight to what I know, You're here and I'm never alone". I love that song and it is so perfect. I know that God is in control and I am just so happy to get back on track with my relationship with him.
We are coming home next month for a long visit! Its going to be a great vacation and I cant wait to see all of our family and friends. It will be such a blessing to get away from everyday life and spend some quality time with family.
Thats all for now! Much love and God bless.
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, Sarah! I read that book last year and it was awesome! I plan on reading it again, because I had so many post-it notes stuck on so many pages and it was just full of wisdom. I hope you guys love it!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete